ENG

The Print Center, a nonprofit gallery located in Philadelphia’s historic Rittenhouse Square neighborhood, encourages the growth and understanding of photography and printmaking as vital contemporary arts through exhibitions, publications and educational programs. The Print Center is an international voice in print; our global outlook coincides with a strong sense of local purpose. Recognized as a locally significant and internationally respected gallery, an art education provider and an artists’ advocate, The Print Center is known for supporting emerging and established artists; developing unusual and intriguing programs that attract a diverse audience; and making art accessible to all members of the community.

Founded in 1915 as The Print Club, one of the first venues in this country dedicated to the appreciation of prints, the organization supported the “dissemination, study, production, and collection of works by printmakers, American and foreign.” In 1942, The Print Center donated its collection of prints to the Philadelphia Museum of Art forming the core of their fledgling print department.

 

ESP

The Print Center, una galería sin fines de lucro ubicada en el histórico vecindario Rittenhouse Square de Filadelfia, fomenta el crecimiento y la comprensión de la fotografía y el grabado como arte contemporáneo vital a través de exhibiciones, publicaciones y programas educativos. The Print Center es una voz internacional impresa; nuestra perspectiva global coincide con un fuerte sentido de propósito local. Reconocido como una galería de importancia local y respetada internacionalmente, un proveedor de educación artística y un defensor de los artistas, The Print Center es conocido por apoyar a artistas emergentes y establecidos; desarrollar programas inusuales e intrigantes que atraigan a una audiencia diversa; y hacer que el arte sea accesible para todos los miembros de la comunidad.

Fundada en 1915 como The Print Club, una de las primeras sedes en este país dedicada a la apreciación de la estampa, la organización apoyó la “difusión, estudio, producción y colección de obras de grabadores, estadounidenses y extranjeros”. En 1942, The Print Center donó su colección de grabados al Museo de Arte de Filadelfia, formando el núcleo de su incipiente departamento de grabados.